• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lakeland FL April 21-26, 2015: Sun n Fun International Fly-In & Expo

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Sun n Fun 2015 International Fly-In & Air Show takes place on April 21-26 at the Lakeland Linder Airport. 4175 Medulla Road, Lakeland, FL 33811
I’ve attended Sun n Fun for the last two years as part of the military living history display. This upcoming year, I made arrangements with the head of the Veteran’s Pavilion to provide military vehicles to support their exhibit.

Tickets: A one-day pass to Sun n Fun 2014 cost $37. A week pass was $150. Youth tickets (11-17) were $15. A week pass for youth was $60. Children under 10 are free, but still need wrist bands. As a part of our entry, tickets will be free. Also, you will be able to park your MV right in the heart of the display. This saves you from walking .5 mile or more from the parking lots.

There will be primitive camping allowed on site. Details TBD.

I stayed at the Best Western in Plant City. The rooms are nice, and the breakfast is pretty good.
Address: 2003 S Frontage Rd, Plant City, FL 33563
Phone: (813) 707-6000
Make your reservations ASAP. Other hotels in the area charge upwards of $500 per night. I paid $120 per night when we stayed there in April of this year.

If you would like to attend this event, please RSVP to me via PM or on this thread.
I need to know:
- how many adults total
- how many youth (age 11-17)
- how many children
- what days you plan on attending
- what vehicle(s) you are bringing
- if you plan on staying in a hotel or if you would like to camp on site

I highly recommend making hotel reservations as soon as possible. You can always modify or cancel the reservation if you’re unable stay for the whole show or if you can’t make it to the event.

This event is very important to me. This is the first time that military vehicle owners have been invited to participate. In addition, I had the honor of shaking hands with two WWII veterans at Sun n Fun 2014. I had tears in my eyes as I thanked them for their service to our great country.

I would love to have 15-20 vehicles show up. There is plenty of room for Deuce's, 5 Ton's, tractors, trailers, etc. My contact with Sun n Fun wants to fill up the field with military vehicles. All years, makes, and models are welcome! The more the merrier! :)

I know that it is many months away, but this is a very popular event. RSVP to me as soon as you can, and make hotel reservations as soon as you can. I will update this thread as I get more information. Thank you!

http://www.sun-n-fun.org/Default.aspx

FL_Frank

I'll be there with my M35A2 - 2 adults, 3 kids. Day tripping out on Friday the 26th would be best for us.

Will bring my towbar and lights in the event there's a recovery requirement.

We'll have to drive 2 vehicles - is it known yet how parking and admission costs will be in that scenario? (not really expecting free for both, just wanted a rough idea)

Thanks,
Frank

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the extra information, Frank. As of right now, I have no details from my Sun n Fun POC about additional parking and admission costs. I will keep you posted.

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
UPDATE: Space is an issue for the Military Vehicle display area. The display area was shrunk due to major changes in the layout of the show this year. There isn't enough room for 15-20 vehicles. Large camping vehicles, Deuces, 5 Tons, large trailers are a PROBLEM - space is an issue and there is no camping discount available for our group. You cannot bring a converted MV camper and spend the night on site in the display area. Camping is ONLY available at the regular designated campsites for the usual camping fees. Go to http://www.sun-n-fun.org/FlyIn/camping_lodging_travel/onsiteCamping/RV---Tent-Camping.aspx for information on camping.My POC with Sun n Fun wants a photo of your vehicle so they can determine if there will be enough room. You must have your vehicle in the display area before 9:00 am.
I still need to know the following:
- how many adults total
- how many youth (age 11-17)
- how many children
- what days you plan on attending
- what vehicle(s) you are bringing

I need definite RSVPs for each day you plan on attending so I can arrange for enough wristbands to get you in to the display area. Please don't blow me off if you commit to attending and can't make it. Let me know ASAP if your plans have changed.

Last edited:

phil2968

Mitsubishi Zero, one of five left. It has been repowered with upgraded tires and brakes. Recovered from the Solomon islands in 1966. It took thirty years to restore to flying condition.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks