• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Land Rover Lightweight and m416 Trailer

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome

Telwyn:
Great looking truck and welcome to the site, I don't know much about LR but I have been trying to buy this one from a local restaurant. that's using it as yard art; for a couple of years it is a good deal older than yours but I have always liked the look!
James G.

Attachments

telwyn

Wow - quite a find. Would need a lot of work, but that's a great style. Looks like a Series I I'd think.

Rene in St. Pete has done a lot of the work on my Rover. He converted my front drum brakes to disc, we replaced the entire exhaust system with stainless and he did a clutch repair for me.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My opinion - if the LR is pretty cheap, save it from the weeds, and find a dedicated LR expert/restorer to take it off your hands for cost. If you're not familiar with LRs, you have a steep learning curve, best to find someone familiar with them. IMHO.

telwyn

That was a great Lightweight you had! Let me know if you have any parts laying around still.

My inverted V and paint job are original to it's military service, but I'd love to repaint the whole thing.

Bill W

Telwyn
I believe the only things I have left from my lightweight is a new right side door skin and a rear door skin for the hard top LW's (usually FFR ). If your interested PM me for price/pictures, I will be down in Belleview,Fl. (Below Ocala) for the First Fla Chapter MVPA Rally on Feb,13-15th

derekchace

Great Light weight! i am currently getting my 1975 LW into its recce configuration. I love the paint job. I have decided to go with UK desert cammo netting over a faded desert camouflage. but if i ever repaint it I want it your color! great job