• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Land Rover Lightweight and m416 Trailer

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome

Telwyn:
Great looking truck and welcome to the site, I don't know much about LR but I have been trying to buy this one from a local restaurant. that's using it as yard art; for a couple of years it is a good deal older than yours but I have always liked the look!
James G.

Attachments

telwyn

Wow - quite a find. Would need a lot of work, but that's a great style. Looks like a Series I I'd think.

Rene in St. Pete has done a lot of the work on my Rover. He converted my front drum brakes to disc, we replaced the entire exhaust system with stainless and he did a clutch repair for me.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My opinion - if the LR is pretty cheap, save it from the weeds, and find a dedicated LR expert/restorer to take it off your hands for cost. If you're not familiar with LRs, you have a steep learning curve, best to find someone familiar with them. IMHO.

telwyn

That was a great Lightweight you had! Let me know if you have any parts laying around still.

My inverted V and paint job are original to it's military service, but I'd love to repaint the whole thing.

Bill W

Telwyn
I believe the only things I have left from my lightweight is a new right side door skin and a rear door skin for the hard top LW's (usually FFR ). If your interested PM me for price/pictures, I will be down in Belleview,Fl. (Below Ocala) for the First Fla Chapter MVPA Rally on Feb,13-15th

derekchace

Great Light weight! i am currently getting my 1975 LW into its recce configuration. I love the paint job. I have decided to go with UK desert cammo netting over a faded desert camouflage. but if i ever repaint it I want it your color! great job

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks