• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Landed my first M37 in Aberdeen

M-37Bruce

OK, If we need more info than what I'm about to add, you might want to contact me off-line or maybe start another thread? I almost forgot this was Rusty's thread!
The second pic is where the NOS landed, not what I wanted. The rod I'm using is 1/4", the NOS was a bit larger, 3/8".
The NOS Safety Arm that came from Sid is gonna be for sale, I need to find out how much It set me back?

Attachments

Last edited:

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try Midwest Military, Vintage Power Wagon or any aircraft hardware supply house. Those fasteners are all over aircraft.

Storm 51

Rusty1340

I been preoccupied with other things around the house but I haven't completely ignored the M 37 a while back I was experiencing low power and backfiring issues when it was under a strain. after a little research and some checking around I found a positive coil wire was arcing on the side of the coil and points plate. Of course I found this issue after I ordered new parts and was putting them in so the money was already spent no big deal. After installation and repair, Wow it was a new truck. I also went to the local sawmill and pick up some red oak I finish the bed sides and the troop seats the old girl looks pretty good. I've been riding around the neighborhood quite a bit each time venturing out a little further. I have to finish the exhaust system before I go too far though. I just wanted to touch base and give everyone an update.20140621_121225.jpg20140628_171222.jpg

Rusty1340

Well that was short lived running like crap again. I blew out the gasket between the intake and exhaust manifold and not sure I can change it without broken bolts and or manifolds. Thinking of a repower with a Cummins 4BT.

GUNNY 155

Start it up and get the engine up to operating temp. Touch a small candle to the studs, the wax will wick into the threads and act as a lubricant. If the engine was put together with the proper OEM manifold nuts, washers and studs they should come off pretty easy. The exhaust pipe nuts may require some heat from a torch to get them to come loose depending on how long they have been in place. Vintage Power Wagon markets a stud kit which is quite nice and comes with the proper nuts and brass spacers to keep the manifolds from cracking.