• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Landing leg crank

Nick

Attached are pisc of the adjustable landing leg for my M101. The crank I made to temporarily use has used it temporaryness. The weight of the trailer has egged out the end and its not usable anymore.

So Im looking for a crank to use to adjust this leg. Any ideas, suggestions, better yet, does anyone have what would have been used with this leg?? I could obviously make one out of round stock, but what about the bends and angles?

In the opposite side there is a place I think the crank would be stored in. So IM not exactly sure what would be the proper "tool" for it.

Thanks
Nick

Attachments

we just make new ends .1/4 wall pipe to fit .drill a hole same size as your cross pin all the way through bolth sides of pipe . cut out notches with plas,zip cut ,hacksaw ,whatever you have weld back to crank and your done.or weld an old socket on and use a swing bar or rachet even an impact will work but i dont recomend it.two 90 degree bends in a piece of pipe or solid just leave it long enough for good leverage

Last edited:

number9

- showing the length of the handle

- showing the thickness of the crank

- showing the crank as it is used

- showing the crank can be stored in either position

- showing that the twist in the crank handle allows room for your hand to grab the landing gear lift handle when the crank tube end is stowed on the bottom end of the landing gear. I don't know if this is WHY the crank has a twist in it, but it's about the only need I can see for the twist.

ETA - I now also think I remember when cranking the landing leg up/down that the twist in the crank allows clearnace when passing by the tongue of the trailer.

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry, I've been adrift. The twist was a field mod (somebody had too much wheaties). The diagrams are pretty much what it is.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may have a spare handle in the shed...I'll check tomorrow.
Greg

Nick

That was my next question, does someone have a spare of these layin around they wouldnt mind parting with??

Thanks alot number9, appreciate it

Greg, thanks for lookin, lemme know.

Nick