• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lard, grease and crisco thinning.

svd dragunov

well i was playing around on saturday (i know never good) and i came up with something. i was heating some old margarine with popcorn oil and some bacon grease . after it had gotten warm i started pouring in some filtered WMO. i mixed in it around half and half i filtered it all down in a 1 micron bag before putting it in a bottle, i then mixed in a little RUG. 2 days later nothing has seperated and its still liquid. it has the consistincy of the motor oil i added to it. im going to cut it with some more gas and and possibly some diesel and see how it all settles out. just thought id share .
i have yet to consider putting it in my tank until i see how it all settles out after a weak or so.

budman67

It could thicken as the temp lowers,this will cause the lines to get plugged.
It may be more of a head ache than a good idea.
That said, I could see it working if you were to use it up on a trip,and not
let it sit.

svd dragunov

i have no current intention of using it at all right now. lol. but yeah i was thinking more of "oh crap im outa fuel scenario" definantly would not want it chilling in my tank.

Beyond Biodiesel

The premise that has been behind my blending experiments for the last 7 years is, if it remains in solution for at least a week, then the solution is likely to run on my engine without problems. However, as budman67 mentioned above, a temperature drop could cause the precipitation of fat out of solution, so consider blends containing animal fat are warm weather fuels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks