• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

large military radio collection on island in WI - amazing!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw this while cruising around for ham radio information. Not everything he has is military in nature, but take a look at the pics, you have to see the amount of military radio gear he has saved up, and on display in his hamshack (more like a ham MUSEUM)! Very cool....

http://www.qrz.com/db/w9evt

zout

Great post - I wonder if he has some youngin hanging around to whom he can pass all that knowledge onto - what a waste if there is no one.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Impressive collection. Nice to see all this saved for future generations. It's fun to try to ID all the mil stuff.

Bob WB4ETT

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a great collection of radios. Very neat to see them all displayed like that and not hidden away in some basement.
Ditto that! I don't believe this guy has all of them rigged up to work at a moments notice. However, you can bet that he knows every circuit in those rigs with his eyes shut!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's nice to see the basic transmitters and receivers sitting on a shelf, but what is really impressive is when someone takes the time to assemble the entire radio set, including the enclosures such as HO-17, S-89, S-318, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks