• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Largest Annual MV Gathering & Swap Meet in the West, Camp Plymouth April 14-19, 2020

Major Asstyrd

Largest Annual MV Gathering & Swap Meet in the West, Camp Plymouth April 14-19, 2020

The 43rd annual military vehicle swap meet and gathering in North-Central California is making it's second Spring appearance in Plymouth April 14-19, 2020. This is the largest annual MV event west the Mississippi, formerly located at campgrounds in Petaluma, Tower Park, Big Bear Park, and near Patterson, CA. Those who came to the new venue in the historic California Gold Rush country and winery region in April 2019 found it solved past issues with having enough campsites, visitor parking, and display space. The Petaluma KOA owner charged a visitor fee. Attendance at Camp Plymouth was the most ever!

The event is again hosted by the Military Vehicle Collectors of California. It will be at the 49er RV Village for RVs, travel trailers, tent trailers, other camping rigs, and those renting cabins, PLUS the adjacent Amador County Fairgrounds for all tent and truck campers, MV showcases, other displays, and visitor parking. The swap meet will be throughout the event. There is a path and open gate between the two venues.

• Free admission
  • Free visitor parking
  • Parking / display area for those commuting from home or hotel in MVs
  • No vendor fee, pro and amateur sellers must be in a rented campsite or cabin
  • No MV registration fee
  • Not a static MV show, they may be driven in and out and throughout both venues
  • Tracked vehicles with steel grousers on the dirt and grass areas of the fairgrounds only, including the showcase arena.

THREE PLANNED SHOWCASES: ARMOR, TRUCKS 2 1/2 TON AND LARGER, AND HMMWVs

Plenty of activities and features:

• MV Poker Rally Driving Excursion
  • Dinners
  • Ladies' Activities
  • Meetings
  • 49er amenities include pool, hot tub, laundry, café, store, rec hall, kid's play area, fishing
  • Hotels, restaurants, stores, many wineries, historic Gold Country sites, and antique stores abound in quaint, historic Plymouth and nearby
  • Raffle Friday evening to include the new GPW jeep Maxi-Kit with Frame that was given to the MVCC by April 2019 sponsor MD Juan but arrived too late to be raffled then. This will be a separate raffle Friday at 6 pm prior to the annual fundraising raffle. Unique $5.00 tickets, 2,000 maximum printed. The rules will come out in the February MVCC News newsletter due out around the second week of February. Tickets will be sold after this hits the mailboxes. This kit raffle is for MVCC members only. Membership info is at www.MVCCNews.net and will be detailed later in this thread.

We are seeking raffle prize donations for the annual fundraiser. Vendors stand up and be recognized! Contact a MVCC officer listed at www.MVCCNews.net or deliver the item to the MVCC HQ and Quartermaster tent near the 49er entrance.

Event and campsite reservation details are now on www.MVCCNews.net. DO NOT CONTACT the 49er OFFICE for a campsite. Different procedure than last April. September Camp Plymouth reservations have nothing to do with the Spring event.

Last edited:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, I’m not hearing much from you guys. This is the biggest “ big truck” showcase in years. I need to from other big truck guys/ gals that they are coming. I will be bringing my recent acquisition...
I’m the POC for the 2 1/2 ton and larger showcase. “Calling all big boy trucks!”. I need everyone within shouting distance to join this event. Contact me via PM. Also, go to WWW.MVCC.NEWS.NET.

8madjack

Pm sent, mvcc site didn't want to open for me, not sure what the showcase entails, but I plan to attend a couple days at least, i live close so I have some flexibility.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The showcase will have all our 2 1/2 ton and larger trucks displayed together for an impressive display for the public. It’ll be a crowd pleaser for sure. I’ll see about even having a “people’s choice” award. I’m also hoping to organize a “ rolling thunder”.

Major Asstyrd

Info about the raffle of the MD JUAN GPW Maxi-Kit is over on the GPW/MB forum. This includes pictures. Below is a link to it. Rules will be in the February MVCC Newsletter. THIS SPECIAL RAFFLE IS FOR MVCC MEMBERS ONLY:

Last edited:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The showcase will have all our 2 1/2 ton and larger trucks displayed together for an impressive display for the public. It’ll be a crowd pleaser for sure. I’ll see about even having a “people’s choice” award. I’m also hoping to organize a “ rolling thunder”.
Mike, I didn't even know this post was up. I'm still feeling my way around the new SS program, I'll get it figured out someday. Mike I'll be there with the Deuce, last spring and fall I brought my Chevy truck. I'll be bringing lots of treasures to sell this spring so I'll bring the M35A2, and it looks like my Navigator (wife) will also make it. Plymouth is a great camp out. Nothing better than getting comfy in the down bag at night, watching the shooting stars, and listening to the Coyotes serenade.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m hoping to have the HEMTT there this year. Keep fingers crossed and lend a hand if possible to get her back on the road.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike I'll see what I can do to get out your way and lend a hand after 1st of the year. Hopefully you don't have anything more than a bad head gasket. Are you thinking about pulling both heads? After having all that coolant in the oil, it might be nice to get a look at all 8 cylinder liners and pistons.

Last edited:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m not really wanting to pull both heads but I may have to depending on condition/damage.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope neither of your heads are cracked. I've been looking at new heads on the internet and they run around a grand new.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update 1-1-2020
Should be ready to pull right bank head today. Have left bank just about ready to pull as well. If a liner seal blew, I’m better off doing them all...it is what it is. On the bright side, I’ve spent zero $ on labor so far besides the tow bill and am getting a good education on the two stroke diesels.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mad jack,
It’s going...slow but with some progress. Let’s move to my HEMTT thread regarding this project so we don’t derail this thread any longer.

papakb

Just checking in on the Plymouth meet. I'm the POC for the HMMWV showcase and also have had limited response as of January 10th. I'd like to invite all HMMWV owners to this showcase to display their variant of HMMWV. Every one I'm aware of in the club and the local area is different and this is a golden opportunity to introduce those variations to the club. Please contact me at papakb@yahoo.com if you'd like to participate.

Last edited:

acetm

Just checking in on the Plymouth meet. I'm the POC for the HMMWV showcase and also have had limited response as of January 10th. I'd like to invite all HMMWV owners to this showcase to display their variant of HMMWV. Every one I'm aware of in the club and the local area us different and this is a golden opportunity to introduce those variations to the club. Please contact me at papakn@yahoo.com if you'd like to participate.
I’ll be there with my deuce and hmmwv.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks