• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Largest Annual MV Gathering & Swap Meet in the West, Camp Plymouth April 14-19, 2020

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tracer, is Sonny’s truck an M211 or M135?
Sonny Hanson's M-135.jpg Mike here's a pic of Sonny's M-135 at Petaluma. I sure miss Sonny and Jim at the meets. If you ever wanted to know anything about 2 1/2 ton trucks, Sonny or Jim could tell ya.

Last edited:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got my December 2019 MVCC Newsletter. Page 13 is the registration for the April 14-18 Plymouth Meet.

Major Asstyrd

Just got my December 2019 MVCC Newsletter. Page 13 is the registration for the April 14-18 Plymouth Meet.
Typo on it, the official dates are 14-19 with Tuesday the 14th a set up day and Sunday the 19th a pull out day, not a show day. But some come earlier and some stay later. Group camping rate is good for a few days before and after. That's good for those who want to take the spouse wine tasting at Shenandoah Wine Country wineries just up the hill from Plymouth or go antiquing in the Gold Country towns.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Major. I plan on going Monday thru Sunday leaving on Sunday between 9:00-10:00. I plan on bringing the Deuce and trailer this year with all my heavy for sale stuff, so that will be a set up day for me. o_O

Last edited:

Major Asstyrd

Thanks Major. I plan on going Monday thru Sunday leaving on Sunday between 9:00-10:00. I plan on bringing the Deuce and trailer this year with all my heavy for sale stuff, so that will be a set up day for me. 😠
Yeah some campers even show up the weekend before. These April meets used to be Friday-Sunday back in the 1970s-mid-80s. It was at a county campground and OHV park west of Patterson. Since there were no site reservations possible, people started arriving earlier and earlier to get sites next to their friends. And being a swap meet/vendor event, buyers like to show up early. When we grew out of that place and went to regular RV parks Big Bear Park, Tower Park, etc., where we could reserve sites, the official start day had been moved to Thursday, then Wednesday, then Tuesday. With a four night camping minimum at 49er RV Village, most folks arrive Tuesday or Wednesday. On the fairgrounds tent/truck camping side, no minimum stay so that handles folks with less time available. This large "Tent Sector" really sets this venue apart from Petaluma and Tower Park that had smaller tent areas. That's why we had a record Spring turnout of campers last April.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah some campers even show up the weekend before. These April meets used to be Friday-Sunday back in the 1970s-mid-80s. It was at a county campground and OHV park west of Patterson. Since there were no site reservations possible, people started arriving earlier and earlier to get sites next to their friends. And being a swap meet/vendor event, buyers like to show up early. When we grew out of that place and went to regular RV parks Big Bear Park, Tower Park, etc., where we could reserve sites, the official start day had been moved to Thursday, then Wednesday, then Tuesday. With a four night camping minimum at 49er RV Village, most folks arrive Tuesday or Wednesday. On the fairgrounds tent/truck camping side, no minimum stay so that handles folks with less time available. This large "Tent Sector" really sets this venue apart from Petaluma and Tower Park that had smaller tent areas. That's why we had a record Spring turnout of campers last April.
Major, I spoke with JoAnn today and I'm going to be at space #119 in the Fair Grounds again, this is a decent spot and has water and electricity. I'll be there Monday afternoon. Stop by and you can help me lift all the Heavy Weight Stuff out of my truck and trailer. 🥵

Major Asstyrd

Major, I spoke with JoAnn today and I'm going to be at space #119 in the Fair Grounds again, this is a decent spot and has water and electricity. I'll be there Monday afternoon. Stop by and you can help me lift all the Heavy Weight Stuff out of my truck and trailer. 🥵
Yeah well you have to find me first, and there better be a beer involved!

Major Asstyrd

Here is the activities schedule from Activities Coordinator Nancy. Subject to change due to the fog of war:

Daily Briefing
Camp Plymouth – 15-18 April 2020
As of 01 Feb 2020

ALL WEEK – Swap Meet is open! Please check campsites through the 49’er RV Campground AND the Tent Sector at the Fairgrounds next door for an amazing selection of items. Vendors MUST be in rented campsites, cabins or official tent spaces.

Tuesday, April 14
1800 – EARLY BIRD POTLUCK DINNER. Rec Hall. Bring your utensils, plate, food to share. POC – Jo-Ann Lesser

Wednesday, April 15
Swap Meet Happening!!
1200-1700 – WINE WEDNESDAY CONVOY. Meet at 1245 at Wolin Arena in the Fairgrounds (Tent Sector) with your MV to convoy to select Shenandoah wineries. (Non-MV participants welcome, too.) POC: Jen Tanis (209-304-2592)

Thursday, April 16
Swap Meet Continues!!
0700 until coffee’s gone - Early Morning Coffee. Location: Fairgrounds Tent Sector near the 49’er footpath.
0900 – POKER RALLY. Register 0900 - 0930 in the Wolin Arena in the Fairgrounds Tent Sector. First vehicle departs @ 0930. $5/poker hand. Maximum of 2 hands/person. POC: Dave/Nancy Porter (530-391-5650; Swamp, which is north of the parking lot at the fairgrounds)
1000 – 1600 – MVCC HQ/Store Open at Sites #188 & 189, near the Rec Hall. JOIN OR RENEW, meet MVCC officers, see who is camping where, buy the GREAT MVCC Commemorative memorabilia. Support the MVCC!
**DROP OFF YOUR RAFFLE PRIZES @ MVCC Headquarters for the awesome Friday night raffle.
** BUY TICKETS HERE FOR THE RAFFLE OF THE MD JUAN JEEP MAXI-KIT RAFFLE
1300-1600 – BIG TRUCK SHOWCASE. Wolin Arena in the Tent Sector @ Amador Fairgrounds. POC: Mike Fedyk (916-809-2969)
1400 – WOMEN OF THE MVCC GATHERING (Onsite). Rec Hall. Bring any food you’d like to share and your beverage
1600 – MVCC Board Meeting – Rec Hall.
1700 – 1900 – FOOD TRUCKS @ Tent Sector – PACIFIC COAST PASTA (Pasta & BBQ) and COUSINS LOBSTER COMPANY (Lobster)!!

Friday, April 17
Swap Meet Continues!!
0700 until coffee’s gone - Early Morning Coffee. Location: Fairgrounds Tent Sector near the 49’er footpath.
0900-1200 – HUMMER SHOWCASE. Wolin Arena in the Tent Sector @ the Fairgrounds. POC: Kurt Lesser (408-440-6067/Cabin 5)
1000 – 1600 – MVCC HQ/Store Open at Sites #188 & 189. Near the Rec Hall. JOIN OR RENEW, meet MVCC officers, see who is camping where, buy the GREAT MVCC Commemorative memorabilia. Support the MVCC!
**DROP OFF YOUR RAFFLE PRIZES @ MVCC Headquarters for the awesome Friday night raffle
** BUY TICKETS HERE FOR THE RAFFLE OF THE MD JUAN JEEP MAXI-KIT RAFFLE
1100 to 1500 – WOMEN’S SUTTER CREEK LUNCH AND SHOPPING EXPEDITION. Meet @ 1100 near the front entrance by the Rec Hall. We will be heading to lunch, then have time for some boutique and antique shopping POC – Nancy Porter (530-391-5650)
1300 – 1600 – ARMORED SHOWCASE. Wolin Arena - Tent Sector17 the Fairgrounds. POC: Kim Sievert (408-718-5756/Cabin 7)
1700 – 1900 – FOOD TRUCKS @ Tent Sector – PACIFIC COAST PASTA (Pasta & BBQ) and NAMASTE (Himalayan Food) !!
1800 – DRAWING FOR WINNER OF THE MD JUAN JEEP MAXI-KIT – Near Food Trucks & Eating Area @ Tent Sector
1900 – RAFFLE DRAWING – Near Food Trucks & Eating Area @ Tent Sector

Saturday, April 18
Swap Meet Continues!!
0700 until coffee’s gone - Early Morning Coffee. Location: Tent Sector – near the footpath to the 49’er
1000 – MVCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING. Rec Hall @ 49’er Resort.
After General Meeting to 1600 – MVCC HQ/Store Open at Sites #188 &189, near the Rec Hall. JOIN OR RENEW, meet MVCC officers, see who is camping where, buy the GREAT MVCC Commemorative memorabilia. Support the MVCC!
1300 – 1500 – Convoy to Preston Castle in Ione. Gather @ 1245 @ Wolin Arena. Take an arranged guided tour of the big castle the hill that you see as you travel through Ione to/from Camp Plymouth. It was built in 1890 and was a boys’ reformatory school. $20 per person. POC Nancy Porter (530-391-5650; swamp). Space is limited for the tour, so please let Nancy know beforehand, if possible, if you want to go so she can make sure you’re on the list. Additional signups at MVCC Headquarters.

Last edited:

Major Asstyrd

MVCC VP Don Gomes and Secretary Johnny Verissimo want to show off the current selection of MVCC merchandise available for order!

Be properly attired the day you arrive at Camp Plymouth. Separate yourself from others in town only there for wine tasting and antiquing. No need to risk showing up late at the MVCC HQ/Quartermaster booth and your shirt size is out of stock. Decorate your man cave and dress up your MV display at the next Cars and Coffee! Some items are low production.

Here is one of the metal signs featuring the badass 2020 art:

And a different version:

Don still has some inventory with 2019 artwork, just ask. Future collectibles? See those versions on the merchandise page on www.MVCCNews.net. A link is at the bottom of the Home Page.

Last edited:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a question, what are the chances of a M1009 being sold at this event?
Lostforwords, you just never know. Last April was our 1st gathering at Camp Plymouth and it broke all previous records for attendance, and I'm sure this years will be larger still. Last year I saw several M1008 & M1009 vehicles at the event but I didn't pay attention to see if they were for sale. But even if they don't have a for sale sign, it sure can't hurt to talk to the owner so see if he would part with his vehicle, or if he knows someone who has one for sale. Maybe our Honorable Major Asstyrd has something he would like to add to this?

Last edited:

Lostforwords

Lostforwords, you just never know. Last April was our 1st gathering at Camp Plymouth and it broke all previous records for attendance, and I'm sure this years will be larger still. Last year I saw several M1008 & M1009 vehicles at the event but I didn't pay attention to see if they were for sale. But even if they don't have a for sale sign, it sure can't hurt to talk to the owner so see if he would part with his vehicle, or if he knows someone who has one for sale. Maybe our Honorable Major Asstyrd has something he would like to add to this?

Thank you for the reply I will more then likely attend! I will see you there Sir!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks