• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LArgest/Best size tires for non bobbed deuce?

midevilduece

I want to single out the deuce I'd like to keep it with the stock six lgs, what is the best size of tire and rims I should be looking for on GL? I do not want to bob the truck, I love the duel rear axles. Just want to single up and make it a true 6x6. If anyone has some of these for sale I would be interested if they aren't too far from Tulsa Oklahoma.
T.I.A.
Mid_evil

midevilduece

I was looking into the 395's The only real problem I have with that set up is that I looked around and buying the adapter plates for all six tires and a spare is really expensive. I am a welder by trade an a decent wrench hand, si I considered cutting and welding to adapt the rim centers I have to fit on the 395 rims, but I worry about balance issues and heat altering the rims. I would love to do the 395's they are awesome. If only this stuff didnt cost money..

welldigger

i been trying to score some A3 rims and tires but they are getting hard to find
Keep an eye out and ask around. They aren't rare enough to pay surplus dealer prices. I picked up 7 for $200 a piece. Not the best price I have heard of but better than what most ask for them.

midevilduece

thats the same problem I have. I found some rims that are N.O.S. but they want 400= per rim and thats with no tire. I cant swing that price. I could get an a3 from gl that is trashed out and stripped down for a little more than that and take the tires and rims off it

Carlo

IMG_1115[1].jpg
thats the same problem I have. I found some rims that are N.O.S. but they want 400= per rim and thats with no tire. I cant swing that price. I could get an a3 from gl that is trashed out and stripped down for a little more than that and take the tires and rims off it
Well we are in the same boat! The prices they are asking in the US for these wheels are from another world! I just cant justify that money. I want them bad but I cant print the money! haha

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck finding a A3 on GL your about a year late . There are very A2's left 1 or 2 straglers at a time.There weren't very many A3's made.

FatBuddhaBoo

Keep an eye out and ask around. They aren't rare enough to pay surplus dealer prices. I picked up 7 for $200 a piece. Not the best price I have heard of but better than what most ask for them.
$200 is exactly half of what I paid for mine. Bought mine locally in Jacksonville from a guy that is buying and parting out A3's for a larger 8 wheel drive project. He might still have some left...he advertises on Craigslist and a certain auction site...

emr

Biggest tire ? thats a new one :) But really i see the huge tires and then " They fit fine:, yea goin down a flat road ... An over sized tire with in reason is a good choice,As long as you use what uncle sam has done as a guide. Going over board is very cool to the youngsters, but strains everything way to much on the truck and limits what the truck was built to do.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was looking into the 395's The only real problem I have with that set up is that I looked around and buying the adapter plates for all six tires and a spare is really expensive. I am a welder by trade an a decent wrench hand, si I considered cutting and welding to adapt the rim centers I have to fit on the 395 rims, but I worry about balance issues and heat altering the rims. I would love to do the 395's they are awesome. If only this stuff didnt cost money..
There's a cost to any hobby.

Dipstick

I like the look of duals myself. I used 6 Firestone T831 11R20 tires on stock rims. They are 43" tall, have gnarly treads and drive well on the road. Haven't tried them off road yet, but. That's what they're made for.