• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Largest Box on 1083/1088

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That has a number of panels joined together. If you were thinking of going fiberglass, I'd recommend Bigfoot trailers. They'll definitely be more expensive than that, but they are clamshell construction with one big piece for the top and one for the bottom. The only structural seam they have is where the two halves are joined. I've had both a slide-in truck camper and a bumper pull trailer from them and they are impressive- very well insulated, nicely laid out, well featured.

Their site:

A trailer mounted on the back of a 1083/1088 would be a pretty decent way to get going quickly. This was our unit:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I will, I havnt picked up the truck yet. I'm more of a planner and when I get at it i go all out. Real issues here.lol
Something else to consider is Single Rear Axle or is it a Double Axle Rear. The single axle will turn in a much tighter circle than the double axle trucks. Yeah, I know you don't drive in circles - but a turn - with a truck (or tree or building) beside you will kick the back end of the habitat or box out much faster on the single axle trucks.

mober

That has a number of panels joined together. If you were thinking of going fiberglass, I'd recommend Bigfoot trailers. They'll definitely be more expensive than that, but they are clamshell construction with one big piece for the top and one for the bottom. The only structural seam they have is where the two halves are joined. I've had both a slide-in truck camper and a bumper pull trailer from them and they are impressive- very well insulated, nicely laid out, well featured.

Their site:

A trailer mounted on the back of a 1083/1088 would be a pretty decent way to get going quickly. This was our unit:
Those are pricy, If we are talking about those, I will just build the box.lol I'll probably buy something with a slide, peel the sides, fir it out, reinforce, insulate and reskin. Quick dirty and cheap in the end. At this point in my life I dont have $50k to spend on a habitat. everything starts adding up real quick

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found our trailer on craigslist for ~$15k (yes, pre-covid). Wasn't advocating new, just that they are well built and well featured. They are out there used if you look patiently.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks