• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Las Cruces, NM to Huron, OH 79934 44839

bgekky3

I will be flying to El Paso, TX on 12/28 to pick up my 1008 then driving to Las Cruces. I need to do a few days work on the deuce, then I am heading north around the first. If anyone wants anything moved let me know. Both trucks will be empty. I don't have a set route. I can go north throught New Mexico and Oklahoma or east then north 10, 20 , 30, 40.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Wow, timing stinks. I am flying out the same day otherwise I could have picked you up. And if it could have waited until Findlay, I probably could have delivered it.

bgekky3

I am in las cruces now. I put a heater in the deuce today. I need to put a pinon seal in the 1008 tomorrow. My sister in law is riding up with me. She has only ridden on the troop seats for a short trip to the park down the road. Im planning on leaving on the second and heading north NM, OK.

droprat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in las cruces now. I put a heater in the deuce today. I need to put a pinon seal in the 1008 tomorrow. My sister in law is riding up with me. She has only ridden on the troop seats for a short trip to the park down the road. Im planning on leaving on the second and heading north NM, OK.

I am on your way out (Dona Ana, NM) bout 3 miles north of Las Cruces off of I-25. I am currently parting out an M-931, your welcome to stop by and an enjoy a cold one. Or if you need any help let me know.

Rich
575-649-1308

bgekky3

Voy a tratar. I drove 100 miles today on a parts run, then adjusted the brakes. One seal was bad one not so good. We are repacking all 4 to be safe. The truck runs just under 60 mph around 2300 rpms, which it seems to like. I ran 2400 but it gets loud and hot. I did the same trip 4 years ago with a different truck. I had the fuel adjusted for this elevation and I never saw more than 900 once I got out of the mountains. I might turn the fuel up a bit more later. Im only pulling a 1008 this time. Last time my 105 scaled at 9500lbs, and the deuce was loaded. I was pushing 1200 on the pyro with a dodge door and a towbar in the back before I backed off.

bgekky3

Im leaving tomorrow. Repacking the bearings took too long to get everything else done. I have to make an alcohol snifter, so my brakes don't freeze too. Im going 70 to Amarillo, then 40 to 44, to 70, and 75.
If anyone is along that route let me know.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am off your beaten path but will gladly serve as "Ground Support" if you have any issues and need SS Emergency Locator Assistance.
My Cell is 325-234-2500 - Call if you need to locate someone along your route.

NOTE TO ALL OTHERS: PLEASE add your locations to the MEMBER MAP (see button in BANNER at top of page) to be available to the SS Members traveling and recovering or just enjoying a road-trip.
Thank you.

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks