• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Last ditch turn signals

spentshell

I have a parade tomorrow and after spending a good part of my day cleaning the Deuce at my shop on the way home my turn signals go out (figures). I jumped out the flasher after checking the ground and I figure the flasher is shot. I was wondering if I can leave the jumper in the A and B plugs and operate the flashers manually as a temp fix ?

dabtl

My problem with the flasher turned out to be the ground on the passenger side front signal light. Check all those grounds before you give up. I replaced all of the bolts, nuts and washers on all the signal lights after cleaning the metal to assure a good ground.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
........I was wondering if I can leave the jumper in the A and B plugs and operate the flashers manually as a temp fix ?
Yes you can, but the lamp current will be handled by the turn signal switch, with all its gold plated contacts....in an emergency it should be okay.

I think some grade school kid designed some of these flashers, I took one apart one time and found a simple oscillator plus a power transistor inside, no short circuit protection, no nothing. Not to mention the fact that the government's accepting these things.
In comparison, the original solid state flasher design is a piece of art.
You can hide almost anything in black casting epoxy.....

My advise, carry a spare flasher and/or add relays to protect the flasher.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks