• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Late model tiger tank pulled from a Bog in Eastern europe

chaplain

I really wonder if the t-34 will be restored with the german markings or the soviet. I think the German markings would keep the storyline more historical. Wonderful piece of history. could you imagine going to your commander and telling him you lost your tank. Geez.

kcimb

I really wonder if the t-34 will be restored with the german markings or the soviet. I think the German markings would keep the storyline more historical. Wonderful piece of history. could you imagine going to your commander and telling him you lost your tank. Geez.
It was abandoned as the Russians closed in..they simply let the vehicle roll down into the swamp and took off.

frodobaggins

This reminds me of a story I heard while I was stationed at ft polk. A farmer found a M60 tank buried on his property( which bordered Ft Polk's training area. The story goes something like this: Tank sunk into swamp during a training exercise and was considered a loss. Land is sold and filled to become farm land. Farmer hits some metallic while digging ( don't know why he was digging maybe well, septic tank...) Excavates and finds a M60 tank buried on land. This is one of those i heard this through my buddy friend brother cousin friend type story. I have come across tanks buried up to thier hulls on Ft polk( they were mostly turrentless stripped hulks). I'll try to find the pictures I took and post them.

Don't know if that's true or not, but give me a minute, If I can find it I can give a link to a similar story in MS I know is true.

edit:Can't find it !

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
kcimb,

That is a Tiger 1 turret roof, no doubt. Looks to be a late model 1944-45 based on the coupla and road wheels.

Stunning that they got it.

bustin

i sur ewould like to wheel that swamp the depth of it may be decieving as the weight of the tank may have entered in the source of the water causeing the tank to be sucked in so greatly and increasing over time

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
No, 2 or 3 different stories here.

The first two sets of photos are Soviet and were not originally part of the story.

kcimb posted a set later that showed only the roof plate and road wheel of a Tiger.

Pictures of the whole tanks are T34's.

gunboy1656

scooter, you were right that tank coming out of the bog was not as tough as i thought it was.

I found a quick clip on youtube
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kKLbKHNquE&feature=related[/media]

kcimb

kcimb,

That is a Tiger 1 turret roof, no doubt. Looks to be a late model 1944-45 based on the coupla and road wheels.

Stunning that they got it.
People are seeing tank, pulled from european bog, and posting pictures of that same t-34.

It's a different vehicle than that, as you noticed. The person who sent these pics to me already personally owns a Stug 4 he restored himself, so I will vouch for him and say it's reliable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks