• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Latest 915A1 Unusual features

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes. Those are found on super 10 dump trucks alot. Not as big as a super single but is large enough to reduce the wt of the truck and still handle the load. Me thinks Michelin makes them.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like to me that somebody needed 4 tires. Those tires are not the "superwides" that replace the normal duals on a rear axle.

Nonotagain

Anybody else seen tires like this?
If you are refering to the singled out wheels mounted to the outside, yes plenty of times.

Some variants he M915 I've seen listed on the data plate that the truck was equiped with 12.00X24" tires even though the truck was riding on 11.00X22.5 tubeless tires.

If you picked up the truck like that, chances are someone got you for four tires and wheels. Very nice of them if the GL pics show all 8 tires.

reb87

I was just horsing around with my post, I bought the trailer pictured behind the truck in SD and pulled the singles off of it to put on the m915a1 I just got in Topeka. They are rated 9570lbs as singles and a little taller than the 11r22.5 tires the truck came with so I can go a little faster. Singles work better off road.

reb87

They are 385/65R22.5 michelin xzy tires. They came off of my M989 trailer which is a very cool ammo trailer with air ride and 22000lb payload capacity.

eldgenb

what is your honest review of that trailer? some say you can't back it up and they hate it. Since I am making the 920 a pickup this would be the ticket for surplus tire runs and a bunch of stuff.

reb87

It is impossible to back unless you lock the tongue. There is a pin for locking. There are some air activated locking pins on commercial trailers that would be nice to actuate from the cab.

laserlee123

Hi,

Hey great Idea on the tire swap , I bought a ]M989A1, 11 ton, Hemat Trailer in SD, like new, and just bought a m915a with four of the duelies missing, I think I will short the trailer for the good of singles on the truck. By the way, does any one think this M915a1 is refurbished, it's an '84?

Attachments

Last edited:

deuceman51

Probably was rebuilt around 2003 like the rest of the fleet at the TX RSMS shop. They basically rebuilt most of the truck and dynoed the engine. If it passed they reused it, if not, it was replaced.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks