• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Latest addition to the family

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Great Truck and hope she stays healthy for many years. The thing that may change duece availability is FMS if we start giving away the farm there are lots of countries that would love do have a duece because they only have bicycles now.

We will see but you are right all M35's out of the system as well as M800 series. In regard to the M900 series the mail is still out since we are taking vehicles from Army units right now and we need the ones they are taking. A good APS M900 series would fit the bill anyday for a missing FMTV.

I have a ban on thumb drives right now so I can not post the pictures but the M900 series trucks coming out of APS here in Korea were perfect and would be a candidate for a substitute allowed by the MTOE

Last edited:

Hammer

I have my eye on a few M900 series trucks. Just WAITING with baited breath for them to come up!
I just won a trailer at FT Lewis, but I had previously go the recent trucks down at the NG in portland (Multnoma, sp?)

There are trucks out there, it will just take them time to consolidate a few of them from the small towns, process them, and wait for availability to us.

I have my deuces though, now I need some 800 and 900 series trucks!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Just to clarify, the cargo deuces were around 2000. All types of various trucks with a 2320-00 (could be 5 tons, deuces of all types, fire trucks, ????) is the 7500 number.

Yep the fire department may get them but are probably going after the M35A3 and/or 800 series 5ton due to the traditional engine hood layout. The 900 series 5 ton tilt forward I have heard gets damaged to easily for a brush truck. Not sure if that is keeping the fire folks from using them.

Foreign Military Sales could take the better part of the M35A2's and 900 series. Doubt they will take A2's at this point. Some may get marked FMS but in many cases they eventually get released to DRMO/GL.

Got 2 deuces and 2 CUCV still in the local army reserve center. If you're only checking NG, then you're probably missing the larger numbers of trucks. Don't forge tthe army reserve storage sites and I have no idea if any are in POMCUS or WRS. Quite easy to spread 2000 cargo deuces over this land.

As far as a bill to eleminate them from sale, they would have 1 year to do so or I suspect there won't be a need to prevent the sale of them from the govt. They will all be gone by then. More so to prevent the resale or to force us to turn them in.

So again I say you have this coming year to get what you want.