• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LAV150 project, looking for some info

ou77kg

Getting a V150 back up and running for our agency and am looking for some help/info on a few things. This is one of the units that came back from Panama in 89 and then we acquired it from DOD through Red River Army Depot/Ft Hood a few years back. Any info/advice is greatly appreciated.

-Where can i locate the hull#/VIN for my V150?
-Looking for a set of Manuals (electronic preferably) for the V150. Anywhere to download these?
-It has a Detroit Diesel, any info available on this engine? Looking for stuff like part #'s, capacities, etc for my mechanic
-The port glass is toast, what have y'all used for replacement? Not necessarily needing it to stop .50cal rounds.......
-Anything helpful to know or advice for this project from someone who has been there/done that would be greatly appreciated. The V150 is in great shape and is remarkably complete, so at least that is a good start.

Thanks again,
Erik

Attachments

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
The serial # (VIN) is located on the left front lifting ring, and the data plate. The V-100 data plate is by the shifter.

Someone here was just asking where to find the V-150 manual. Apparently they are hard to find. The V-100 manuals are easy. One just went on e-bay for 10 or 20$.

A few member here have posted their V-150/100 restoration details. The examples are outstanding. You might want to get in contact with them (via private message).

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cadillac-gage-v100/42362-lav-150-gwinnett-sheriff-swat.html

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cadillac-gage-v100/24162-v100-restoration-project.html

Attachments