• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lavinia Trucks! WooHoo!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sermis, it sure looks the same. Does yours make any racket at all? You know, I really like whistler turbos. Here are a few more pics.

Attachments

sermis

Really quite. With my hearing the way it is I rarely hear it at all. I have asked others if they could hear it spooling and was told yes. I think you can hear it more when you are out of the truck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are most certainly different than the one on SVC 75 truck. Anyone know anything about the odd turbo? I'm not opposed to trading it off but would like to know more about it before I do. Another factor, don't know which truck I'm keeping.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pic of sermis' turbo looks the same to me. I don't know what it is though.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup Sermis turbo is the same. He says it's quiet too. Hmmm. Guess I'll wait on DD to look at this one.

Blake

turbo

Kenny, I had a friend with turbo like that but he had the 427 motor in his deuce with the side exhaust. It was a 62 studebaker. He went wit the stack when the side exhaust rusted away and put a later style tubo off a ltd 465 motor

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
RE: turbo

The turbo on the LDS-427 is indeed a Schwitzer - specifically a 4-450 - and that sure looks like one. It is covered in TM 9-2920-201-35.

So now of course, the question is - which engine is in the truck? FWIW, the LDS-427 does not have a fuel density compensator.

Regards,
David

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got word from Andy, the truck with the LDS427 turbo has an LDT4651C engine thankfully

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks