• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDS engine stalls at low speed or take off.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You say you cracked the lines at the injectors. If it was a bad injector, one would make no difference in idle(when cracked). Was there one that made no difference?

docharley

Turbo spools up and is working. I am going to pull and check the injectors and check valves in the am. I am going to try to track down which cylinder is not firing as well. Will also see about checking injector pump engine timing. Busy day. Let's see what happens. Still need to find TM's for Valve clearances, injector servicing, and pump timing for LDS engine.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is some timing info for you. Follow the instruction to confirm the engine setting.
Instead of a barring wrench, put the transfer case in neutral, shut off fuel delivery and turn short drive shaft between transfer and gear box.

Attachments

docharley

Pulled 3 injectors. One injector has a nice shiney black tip on it. The other 2 are coked from the engine firing. I know I have atleast one bad injector. Any ideas on what I should pay for injectors?

docharley

Replaced one injecter, removed and checked all of the rest. Missing got worse after I replaced the filters. Still have cylinder miss. Low RPM miss is really bad. High RPM cylinder misses then fires for awhile then misses again off and on.

docharley

Does anyone know anyone that works on these things? I've had it with this &*$(*&# thing. Everytime I trouble shoot something it only seems to get that much worse. Tired of throwing good money after bad.:idea::shock:

AMGeneral

Depending on exactly where you are located in NC,there's Jon Winslow in Halifax,Jim Henry in Albemarle,Charles Talbert in Norwood, All 3 are expierenced with multifuels.

docharley

I am about equal distance between Albemarle and Halifax. I'm over the temper tantrum :( Do you have the contact information for them? I am going to check the clearance on the valves. See if I can find a creative way to turn the crank.

Thanks.

docharley

I pulled the injector that I replaced and put the old one I tried to clean back in. The truck actually smoothed out and rine fine for about 2 minutes and went right back to missing again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks