• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDT-465-1C Oil Puke!?!

byrdo

Started my M35 today at 28 degree F and noticed about a half a cup of oil puked out from straight underneath the fuel pump. The pump was visibly wet with fluid. I did have to pump the pedal to get her started. Not sure what happened. Could I have blown a gasket on the pump by applying throttle before it was started? I know the manuals say to absolutely not pump the accelerator during start up. Once it was running I did not notice any more fluid leaking. Does anyone know what this could be?

jwaller

I dunno but pumping the pedal does nothing but make your foot tired. it does nothing to the IP, the IP sets WOT when the eng is shhut down and during cranking. so moving the throttle does nothing.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
john, i agree it should go to wot, but some of the ones i have owned do not, or they come off wot as soon as you start cranking. i always hold it at wot when cranking cold for faster starts.

as for the oil, there is a oil feed line from the engine to the ip and also back to the gov housing. the gov housing has a drain plug under the rear.

byrdo

Replies

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the replies. I should have taken more than a 5 second evaluation before I posted. I was relieved to find that she was leaking from the o-ring seals of the filters. Obviously, since they are right above the ip I should have suspected them in the first place. Tightened the filter bowls and all is well in paradise. On a side note, I think my does not maintain WOT when cranking. Won't be a problem once the block heater is installed.

Thank you,

Byrd-O