• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDT-465-1D rod and main torque??

mastert

HELP!!

I'm going through the engine and can't find the torque values for the rods and the mains. Anyone out there know how much to torque 'em??

I saw where the heads torque to 157 ft/lbs, but nothing on the other stuff.

mastert

I've been trying to download the TM's, but no luck so far. It'll start the download and after a few minutes it stops and says page not available. Guess I may have to order paper manuals.
mastert

mastert

Thanks!!
That's exactly what i needed! I've pulled the engine all the way down and it looks wonderful! Just found a few "little" things like wrong O ring on the oil pressure pipe to the block. It wasn't sealing properly. Couldn't have had proper oil pressure...but run sooo little there was no damage at all. This'll be a great engine when I finish it!
NEW:
Pistons, rings, sleeves
Turbo
Injectors
Fresh valve job
.010 .010 crank with fresh grind
oil pump and drive gears

red devils dude

sleeves are $195 a hole with piston and rings there soso to change but you need
a sleeve puller and slug to fit the sleeves I have a set of sleeve and piston with rings up for sale
PM me if your interested.

dilvoy

Did you get the torque specs? I have TM9-2815-210-34 which covers many models and up to the LDT 465 1C engine and it says to oil the bearings, rod bolt threads and bolt head seating surface with OE/HDO-30. Thghten to an intermediate 66-67 pound-feet and a final touque of 95-100 pound feet. In my poinion this as a must have TM.

mastert

Thanks everyone!

On my engine the sleeves pulled out easily by hand. Snug, but not enough to have to make a puller on the lathe...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks