• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ldt-465-1d & transmission weight????

treysoucie

I searched on here but cant find this answer... Does anyone know how much the engine and transmission w/ crate weighs? it is a ldt-465-1d new rebuilt engine and transmission that a guy is giving us for free with the deuce we just bought... problem is we dont have a way to lift it into the back of the deuce. its only about a 70 mile trip from galveston to houston and it would be a shame to let this go because we cant get it loaded :( anyone know the weight so I can start calling around some local movers?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Engine in the can weighs about 3100 pounds, but the transmission will not fit in the same can. Seeing as I saw Peck and Waller pick up a deuce transmission (w/o transfer case or bell housing) I would estimate it at 300-400 pounds alone. Engine out of the can weighs north of 1700 pounds, probably closer to 1850.

treysoucie

thats what i estimated, about 3k-4k lbs. thanks sir, hope i can find transport! ha, otherwise we just lost a free engine and transmission.

treysoucie

we had a wrecker drag it onto a flatbed wrecker, cost us 480 bucks for a 70 mile trip... guess it could have been worse.

Last edited:

ptg530C

have a semi truck wrecker lift it onto the duece. cost you 50 -100 to put it on and another one to take it off. why waste your time trying to save a couple of bucks when in reality it will cost you more in the long run.

treysoucie

the duece is down for PM and alternator rebuild. so we were unable to actually use the duece anyways. i think almost 500 bucks for a new rebuilt motor in crate and new rebuilt transmission in crate was worth 500.00 just a good insurance policy to have as this truck will soon be a daily driven work truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks