• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDT-465 Compression Tester

Jersey4x4

I have a M44/530C fire truck in the shop and I suspect the head gasket is blown and need to do a compression test and leakdown test to be sure. I think it is blown between 2 cylinders because it runs very bad, blowing a ton of black smoke and is Huffing out the exhaust(Very weird sound) Anyway I am looking at adapters to do the test and found this Mac Tools Online Store - CT800M
It is listed for a Mack but sure looks like it will work for the deuce. Has anyone used this adapter before? I have a MAC Diesel compression tester but not this particular adapter so before I order it would like some feedback. Also some feedback on the head gasket issue. I was told that this truck had head gaskets done in the past but the current owner has put maybe 5000 miles on the truck since it has been done maybe 10 years ago. There is no mixing of the fluids and it is maint regularly and when running it seems to be getting worse. I think there is compression wish wash back and forth between 2 cylinders and one has the exhaust valve open which is the huffing in the exhaust.

AMGeneral

That particular compression tester WILL NOT work on a multifuel,the diameter is correct but the bolt spacing/depth are different.

I have the same compression tester in my diesel kit,it works fine on the 673s,but won't seal up correctly on the multi.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mikew made one from an old injector. Reported that it worked well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks