• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDT vs LTS

DUECE-COUPE

what is the difference between the two besides turbo. can i retrofit the turbo off of the lds to my ldt to give it more horsepower??

wsucougarx

The bell housing is different b/c the starter on the LDS is on the port side and the starter on the LDT is on the starboard side. The turbo on the LDT was not fitted on the engine for performance. The turbo is merely part of the "Clean air" kit. The gov't used the turbo to reduce the smoke signature of the truck. Also the LDS was primarily used in the 5 ton trucks and the LDT in the 2.5 ton trucks. However, there are many deuces out there with the LDS engine

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks