• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking air valve FL on M923

LiqTenEXp

Hey,

I have a small leak from the front left air valve behind the front bumper, shown here as FN 13

It wiggles a little bit and I was wondering if there was a way to tighten up the weird nut on the back of it to stop the leak? I didn't want to try to touch it till I knew what was on the other side of the nut and what it might do if I put some tools on it.

Thanks!

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a simple shut off valve with regular pipe threads Any hardware store home depot / lowes plumbing dept can set you up. It might look different but will work fine.

It is normally a rotating seat on a shaft. It will not hurt to try to tighten up. If murphy strikes, easy fix.

LiqTenEXp

yeah, right now its not bad, probably secure one before I got tightening it when the inevitable happens and it snaps off the handle.

5tonman1971

Yea that's just your glad hand, mine wiggles on my m813a1 but it Dosent leak. It's just sandwiched on the frame rail so u can hold the but on the back and tighten the front nut to stop it from wiggling