• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

leaking head gasket

choll

My blazer has a leaking head gasket. It is only leaking oil and no water is getting in the oil. The leak is at the rear of the drivers side between the head and block. When parked it leaves a golf ball size oil spot. I use the truck everyday without issues, I just check the oil every couple of days. I put in about a half quart every 2 weeks. My question is can I drive it like this for a while or will the head finally give and leave me on the side of the road.

I have another motor to put in but do not have the time, because of work. I will be working in Yuma AZ soon and want to use the truck to drive between yuma az and Las Vegas,nv. Other than the oil leak the truck runs great last tank of fuel I got 23.7 MPG. Thoughts????
Chuck

welpro222

Mines doing the same thing, not as bad. But I can see it seeping/bubbling between head/block at rear of engine on both sides? I'm going to replace head gaskets in this order (fel-pro 6.5 gasket-copper spray-ARP Studs). That should take care of that and hopefully never give me problems again.

WARWAG

Mines doing the same thing, not as bad. But I can see it seeping/bubbling between head/block at rear of engine on both sides? I'm going to replace head gaskets in this order (fel-pro 6.5 gasket-copper spray-ARP Studs). That should take care of that and hopefully never give me problems again.

With that gasket and head stud Combo it will outlast everything else on the truck. [thumbzup]

welpro222

It sucks I just drop the engine in the truck a few days ago. Everyone was saying don't mess with the head gasket unless its needed? Might as well add the studs while i'm at it. I installed new mains/rod bearings and added the DSG Stud Girdle Kit, plus ARP Studs for the rest of the mains.

choll

Mine are still leaking havent had a chance to get the job done. Have put 8000 miles on it since the leak started. Took it to mexico and back no issues, 1300 miles round trip it used half quart of oil. Taking it to Indiana next week. Every mechanic i talked to said it will be fine just keep an eye on the oil. Ill see what happens