• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking NP 208 transfer case need help

BostonPatriot28

I have a few problems all related to the NP 208 transfer case.

1) I leaked about 4-5 qts of Transmission fluid over 600 miles
2) I have located new seals however I guess there is 4 different one's
Part #'s are
Transtar transmission shop
Any help sorting these out is appreciated. i'm heading to Maine in the morning it'll be repaired when I get there

Attachments

fitz

I just sent you a text message.
When we talked earlier you said it was your front driveshaft seal that was leaking? I called auto zone in Braintree, they have the Timken seal in stock for $12. They open up at 07:30 tomorrow morning. I can pick it up and meet you along the way.

DieselBob

Be sure to carefully check the speedometer adapter. It has a “O” ring seal that will go bad and seep fluid. Very common issue when these units get some age.
Leak.jpg

BostonPatriot28

Thank you, I made it to Maine & back to West Virginia ok but I ended up using 7 qts to make sure the transmission got back in one piece. It is now at the shop that rebuilt it so I should find out soon! It didn't appear to be leaking from that o-ring however I will keep an eye on that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks