• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking ORD brake hose

Anyone else have issues with the block end of the ORD rear brake hose leaking? All of my brake lines and bleeders loosened easily during replacement and it was an easy job but I can't seem to stop the fluid leak where the rear axle lines hook into the rear hose block at the bracket on the diff. The flairs look fine but they WILL NOT seal.

sschaefer3

Mine sealed fine, don't over tighten them or you can damage the seat in the fitting. I did nothing more than line the cone up and hand thread in the collar. Then snug down.

May want to undo the hardlines and see if the cones in the T are damaged.

Copper washers are on the front hoses not the rear. I'd find it hard to believe the soft brake line flare would damage the steel cone in the block but I'm going to pull it apart one last time tomorrow to check. Anything's possible but the original block was soft brass, this one's steel. Just wondering if anyone else was having issues. I'll keep you posted.

truck1

It is very easy to split the flair on a brake line.If you over tighten even slightly they will split.When I installed my ORD lift with new ORD brake lines I had the same problem. I replaced all my factory lines on the rear brakes. Bought a bender and carefully duplicated the lines. Pretty easy fix and you can get coil spring covered lines from napa if you wish to match OEM. These rigs are OLD and I prefer the piece of mind with new brake lines. I doubt it is the ORD fitting that is defective- although anything is possible. Check your flairs with a magnifier and you'll probably see the hairline split. Good luck.:grd:

Well it looks like the ORD hose block is indeed the culprit. Pulled it apart again this morning and inspected things with a magnifying glass and a light. I can't see any issues. Put it back together and the right side STILL leaked! As a last ditch effort to figure it out, I flipped the hose block over and reinstalled the brake lines. Now the leak is on the left side and the right side fitting stays dry!

I am dreading the call to ORD as nothing is ever their fault. :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks