• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking tach drive

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Started out this morning to change the front crankshaft seal. Once the radiator was pulled we discovered it was a broken tach drive housing and a loose fitting. We pulled the tach drive from the spare motor and swapped it in. I decided not to continue with the front seal change. We also swapped all seven coolant hoses and installed new belts.

Getting the gaskets off of the block from the water manifolds was the hardest part. And the bracket from the replacement radiator (my old one was getting a little ugly and already had a repair) was interfering with the 12 volt alternator so we had to notch it.

Doghead said I could swap the passenger side water pump hose without pulling the thermostat housing, but I don't have that kinda skill. It was no big deal though.

After it was done we ran it at idle for an hour with plain water and then drained it and serviced with coolant. Test drove it to the BBQ place in time to meet my wife for dinner. No leaks yet, but I do have a few freeze plugs that look like they need to be changed.

IMG_2224.jpgIMG_2225.jpgIMG_2226.jpgIMG_2227.jpgIMG_2228.jpgIMG_2229.jpgIMG_2230.jpgIMG_2231.jpgIMG_2232.jpgIMG_2233.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks