• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

leaky filter base

galeo7171

I'm thinking that my fuel filter base is leaking, so I'm going to order one from oem surplus. I think I read on here that I need to also buy a fuel pressure switch? Where would I get one of these at? anything else I need to pick up?

jvlmed

I recently ordered and replaced my leaking fuel filter base (85 M1028) with the OEM part from the site listed. The unit comes with a filter and a place for the pressure switch. The location for the pressure switch is not drilled through, therefore you will not need a pressure switch. Mine worked great and solved a hard starting issue. Price is $49.99 + shipping and that includes a filter. Great Deal.

ChalkOutline

I went to the site, found the part (#12471725), but the filter I have that is leaking looks more like an oil filter with a clear base. It is located on the drivers side firewall up high. Any suggestions on where to get a new one of those?

Crash_AF

If anyone has replaced their filter base and still has it, can you give/sell me the drain on the bottom? That part is missing from mine and a regular bolt won't stop the leak.

Thanks,
Joe

underdog

I must be poor:oops:
It does not get that cold here for the most part so a heater is not a have to have.
We had on old tractor out front i pulled the fiter and base off of it and put it on the CUCV.
Simular to this http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=84001F have not missed the stock junk.
If you prowle around Fleebay you can find simular types heated for resonable prices.

CCATLETT1984

I went to the site, found the part (#12471725), but the filter I have that is leaking looks more like an oil filter with a clear base. It is located on the drivers side firewall up high. Any suggestions on where to get a new one of those?
Sounds like someone replaced your stock filter setup with a spin-on filter, can you take a picture of what you have? Maybe get some part numbers off of it?

ChalkOutline

I must be poor:oops:
It does not get that cold here for the most part so a heater is not a have to have.

If you prowle around Fleebay you can find simular types heated for resonable prices.

Please forgive the new-guy question, The $50 square filter is a fuel heater too? I live in Sacramento California, it may drop below 32 degrees F just 2-3 times a year here. Do I need the expensive "heating filter"?

Thanks Guys,
Jeff