• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaky fuel cap

Aernan

Stopped the truck on a hill with a full tank and noticed fuel leaking from the cap. I muscled the cap on tighter and got it stopped.

Is there a special tool for tightening the cap?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I went on the Stewart and Stevenson factory tour back in the 90's, the test track driver took us on a 30 degree side slope and explained that one of the qc checks was to look in the mirror and make sure the fuel cap did not leak. Maybe he missed yours?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine leaked when I first got it. The problem is that the gasket shrinks over time, and most likely we all have the same 20+ year old ones that were installed at the factory. I designed a new one, and laser-cut it out of 1/8" Buna-n rubber gasket sheet. Now it seals well, and the sending unit gaskets leak instead, haha!

I still have the CAD files (for the dimensions) if someone wants it.

coachgeo

Mine leaked when I first got it. The problem is that the gasket shrinks over time, and most likely we all have the same 20+ year old ones that were installed at the factory. I designed a new one, and laser-cut it out of 1/8" Buna-n rubber gasket sheet. Now it seals well, and the sending unit gaskets leak instead, haha!

I still have the CAD files (for the dimensions) if someone wants it.
both my cap and sending unit leak. If your willing would appreciate the CAD of fuel cap gasket. ZcoachZgeo at hotZmail (Remove the Z's)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks