• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaky fuel pump

Ryan123

Hey guys My fuel pump on my 1970 am gen m35A2 seems to have a small leak (nothing major) just enough to kind of be annoying.

I haven't tore into it yet just wondering if there is anyone on here that has. It's probably just a shot o-ring i would assume?

any input is greatly appreciated

DieselBob

Check out TM 9-2910-226-34 for the injection pump. It will give you a good working understanding of how the pump works and where the seals and "O" rings are located on the different assemblies. If it is coming from the fuel shutoff rod assembly I would think it is most likely from a bad “O” ring on the fuel control lever assembly or a bad cover gasket.

welldigger

Check out TM 9-2910-226-34 for the injection pump. It will give you a good working understanding of how the pump works and where the seals and "O" rings are located on the different assemblies. If it is coming from the fuel shutoff rod assembly I would think it is most likely from a bad “O” ring on the fuel control lever assembly or a bad cover gasket.
If oil is coming out yes. If fuel is coming out then its either the fuel control rod o ring or one of the HH o rings leaking.