• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaky fuel pump....

combatmech

Howdy all,
My mechanical fuel pump leaks like crazy. My question is, when I looked at auto zone, they only list a "C" code 6.2 fuel pump, would it be the same thing as a "J" Code engine fuel pump??
Thanks in advance.....[thumbzup]

Hasdrubal

I've replaced the mechanical lift pump twice now, just asked for one for a 6.2 diesel. C or J code doesn't matter here. There is only 1 pump for this application.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For future refrence, it would help if you posted the part number and brand that you bought.

Also, If you had looked in the -20P TM, you would have found the original fuel pump is part number 6471831. A quick Google search for "6471831 fuel pump" will get you the info you need to find the correct pump.

Here's what I found Googling that number,

Manufacturer Number:AC Delco 43-254
Package Quantity: 1
Cross Reference: 550 25116503, 550 6471831

Last edited:

combatmech

Thanks Doghead, And yes, I looked in the TM but did not do a P/N google search.
The pump that I bought
MFG: Airtex
P/N 41618

Thanks again for the info Doghead!!![thumbzup]

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
don't go with china crap i got 2 off egay a few days ago and there both 90's bult pups made in the U.S.A and work great

not telling you not to but just a warning

combatmech

I was thinking about that last night. I was gonna try and find an AC Delco pump. The Airtex pump was only 20 bucks.....If I'm gonna change it, only wanna do it once.[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks