• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaky Injector

roveroverme

Banned
I noticed a fuel smell today while I was driving for a bit. So I thought I'd check it out when I pull in the gas station to get some diesel.
popped the hood and I see there is fuel dripping on the frame rail from the first injector by the passenger side alternator :((
Great, I saw that someone tightened the injector already as the return lines were not in the 9 and 3 o'clock positions all the others are in.
Called Napa to get a set of seals and they don't have them and it will be not before monday for them to get them. $32 bucks
Called Chevy and they can get them next day , if I order them by noon. $32 bucks So I'll get them from Chevy tomorrow.
I just want to make sure there isn't a chance that A) the injector could be toast and leaking (can't imagine that) or B there is some damage
on the engine block (can't really imagine that , either).
It's just an annoying kinda thing.

dependable

I just want to make sure there isn't a chance that A) the injector could be toast and leaking (can't imagine that) or B there is some damage
on the engine block (can't really imagine that , either)..
Probably the seal, but the injector could leak if someone took it apart and did not lap it, or if they overtorqued it putting it back together. It is also possible to damage prechamber by overtorquing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks