• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

leaky winch gearbox

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your pic looks like the PTO.
But if it is a PTO or winch leak they are not to bad the repair, just takes a little time.
Cost of parts are not to bad.

Just check out the TM's and you should be fine.
Good luck!
:beer:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Weird - looks like there is a stream coming right out of the center of that bearing...!?
Can you take some close-ups; maybe try to clean it a bit to see if there is an opening?

It takes a M-2016, closed end needle bearing there; and never leaks like that.

G.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
take a look at about 5 o'clock, looks like a crack there, looks like it runs down the case on the same plain

Csm Davis

Yeah you need to rebuild your pto you can do it yourself if you have a press and cheese cutter to get the bearings off the shaft and back on me personally I would take it to a driveline shop that does pto work and let them do the whole thing from taking it off the truck to putting it on. My reason for this is you are going to rely on this to get you out when you get stuck and you want it right, I worked in a driveline shop and can tell you I take my ptos to them to do,it is done quicker and right the first time, there is almost an art to doing a pto and getting the shims and spacing right. 2cents

Last edited:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
take a look at about 5 o'clock, looks like a crack there, looks like it runs down the case on the same plain
I see what you see as a crack, Ron... but there is a large HOLE in the center of that bearing, isn't it...!?
Seems the bearing just popped open its whole center portion...?

Pics below, for comparison...

G.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I see what you see as a crack, Ron... but there is a large HOLE in the center of that bearing, isn't it...!?
Seems the bearing just popped open its whole center portion...?

Pics below, for comparison...

G.
Saw that

I would guess what ever caused the center to go away may have caused the crack if there is in fact one there, If I was the OP, I would take a real close look inside of that pto, look for RUB marks on the inside of that end of the case

m242brushmaster1

The place where I bought the winch + PTO said they would stand behind what they sell. So instead of monkeying with it, I'll try to get an exchange on the PTO. Thanks for the help guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks