• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leather seats in a Deuce?

Ridgerunner

I guess this falls into modification/hotrodding.

The seats in my Deuce are in poor shape (ripped and torn) so my question is, would it be "too much" to re-upholster them in leather?

My brother is a manager for an office manufacturer here in town and I asked him if I could get some fabric for my seats, he told me he had an olive drab leather hide left over from a test sample that the customer changed their mind on. And because they will never use it for anything else, that I could have it if I wanted. So I took it, brought it home and laid it out on the floor. Wow there is a lot of leather on a cow. Enough to do all the cushions in the Deuce. So again, would leather seats be too much? Or should I look for some olive drab cloth instead? I don't want to fall into that "Fancy Nancy" Deuce category.

(one of the pictures shows a piece of faded Deuce seat fabric laying on the leather for comparison)

Attachments

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
never mind, I wouldn't do it... let me give you my address so you know where to send that useless leather....:wink:

jimm1009

leather on seats

Just make sure it is O.D. Green leather or you're out-a-here!

:-D :razz:

Jim

PS: It would last a very long time as long as you moisturize them once a year.

jimm1009

leather seat

That's actually pretty sexy but you will have to have the driver's seat match, you know.

Good looking seat and an "Acceptable color scheme" too!

Jim, again

KaiserPower

Got the driver seat all broken down this week jimm 1009... getting the paint and lube, should have the seat skins back on it shortly... I'll post that one when finished.

YankeeDuece

Without a doubt, do it! I did mine in tan pleather over a 3" foam seat and a 2" foam back rest, all on top of the box seat. Very comfortable and still enough room behind the steering wheel.

Ridgerunner

Everyone seems to agree, so it looks like I'll be doing the leather then. I figure I'll even throw in some extra padding when I recover them. ( can't have too much comfort, ya know):razz:

When I contacted my brother about getting some fabric, I figured I'd either get some black or maybe a normal (non military) green fabric, because they do office funiture. I would have been ok with anything he gave me, because the passenger seat was in such poor shape at this point. I was shocked when he pulled out an entire Olive drab cow hide for the taking.

SasquatchSanta

As soon as the weather warms up I'm having a white tuck and rolled naughyde headliner installed in Rosie. I bought the material last fall but the upholstery shop got busy and didn't get it installed. The dash, doors etc will be painted in B-Model Mack Hammertone (pine) green. The seats are already in Mack (pine green) vinyl.