• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaving Rapco thinned out

fpchief

I would like to mix a whole gallon with xylene as to not have to mix the 600ml gravity fed cup every few minutes. I am told that leaving it mixed will actually change the shade and look of the paint, and they recommended mixing a little at a time. Any experience with this? If I use it in 12 hours would it be ok?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After about a month the paint turns into jello has been my experience. 12 hrs should be fine.

cjcottrill

I keep a few ounces in a tightly sealed plastic bottle for touch-up. It serves my purpose well throughout the season. Looks fine to me, but I would not use it on a "show" truck, the color varies a little over time I think because the xylene separates and maybe manages to evaporate a little. I shake it up good and touch-up as needed.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Make sure you take it somewhere and have it machine shaken the day you are going to use it, otherwise most of the flat will be in the bottom of the can when you get done.

fpchief

Make sure you take it somewhere and have it machine shaken the day you are going to use it, otherwise most of the flat will be in the bottom of the can when you get done.
Sounds like you know that from experience. I have a one of those mixers you put on a drill. Is that ok for this paint? If not easy to find a shaker?

Dodge man

HD has them and Lowes probably does too but I don't know if they'll shake it for you. They might be more accommodating if you tell them that it's vehicle paint and not house paint. You could also try your local Sherwin Williams or other brand paint store.

fpchief

Yea they are around, will just take time out to go do it. I had them shaken today in plans of painting tomorrow. Didn't realize that paint would separate so fast.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks