• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED bulb sizes?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
I did search and read here a bunch but I cannot find the correct dash bulb sizes for my m51a2.

It seems 1156 fits side markers and tail light assembly. Is there a list of led bulb sizes i missed somehow?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1156 bulbs are 12V and will not fit. Common bulbs are 1829 for dash lights, 1683 for brake lights and 623 for running and parking lights. You will have to cross reference for LEDs

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Ok 1829 is BA9S and one of those others is BA15. Thank you, only a short amazon order away. What do people do for additional interior lighting?

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ok 1829 is BA9S and one of those others is BA15. Thank you, only a short amazon order away. What do people do for additional interior lighting?
You put those bulbs in there and they will burn the socket lens out. They will melt. You have to space the socket back away.

Swamp has different colored lens and then spacer kit

Some folks add an armor light. They are common on ebay

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used M38(A1?) taillight covers and dual element bulbs on my intercom console in the back of the cab that gives me 2 levels of brightness to shine red light onto the dash & floor.

20190430_201140.jpg

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Very nice, just ordered two of the armor dome light units, any idea what bulb type they use so I can order led equivalent?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks