• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED headlight gripe of the day

JasonS

I get maybe a dozen trade magazines for free. Machine Design is by far the best and the only one I actually read.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to provide an update:

• as described, sometimes the LED headlight low beam remains off when the light switch is switched on to drive. One headlight on low and the other dark is not cool to drive around with.

• when I unplug wire #17 (high beam) at the light, the low beam LEDs come on and function normally (stay on as long as the light switch is switched on)

• obviously the high beams won't work on that light as long as #17 is unplugged
  • plugging #17 back extinguishes the LEDs - unless the light has been on for 10 mins or so ("warmed up?"), then plugging the wire back in has no negative effect. Hi/Lo works fine from there on out.
  • other stuff I tried (exercising the light switch and high/low beam switch) had no effects

I quickly checked #17 with a test light (no voltmeter handy) and it did not seem as if there was voltage on it. If there is, it is very low.

If you have this problem with an LED head light not working on low beam, please do try unplugging #17 and report whether it helped or not!

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

I want to provide an update:

• as described, sometimes the LED headlight low beam remains off when the light switch is switched on to drive. One headlight on low and the other dark is not cool to drive around with.

• when I unplug wire #17 (high beam) at the light, the low beam LEDs come on and function normally (stay on as long as the light switch is switched on)

• obviously the high beams won't work on that light as long as #17 is unplugged
  • plugging #17 back extinguishes the LEDs - unless the light has been on for 10 mins or so ("warmed up?"), then plugging the wire back in has no negative effect. Hi/Lo works fine from there on out.
  • other stuff I tried (exercising the light switch and high/low beam switch) had no effects

I quickly checked #17 with a test light (no voltmeter handy) and it did not seem as if there was voltage on it. If there is, it is very low.

If you have this problem with an LED head light not working on low beam, please do try unplugging #17 and report whether it helped or not!
Did you our anyone else find out what the issue is?
I have a customer with an M35A3 that is doing the same thing with the #17 wire.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just wondering if anyone had a suggestion for the #17 wire weirdness. Unplugging works, sort of, but it ain't right. It bothers me!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks