• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED Headlight

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gear report has a small article about them and a picture of the light with the highbeams on. I like those lights and JW speakers has a nice light also. I don’t think the beam pattern is the best on either but I believe they are the ones the military uses. I put a low bid in on 78 lights on GP. I thought it was a high bid until I seen what they sold for
I can’t post the truck light pic for some reason

.E9898E8C-E33C-419A-83BF-6A543D6BAFFF.png

Action

A highbeam pic wont help. I am trying to see what oncoming traffic will see. If i am the only vehicle on the country riads, i can use the hid lightbar.

papakb

I've been running these Truck-Lite headlights for a couple of years now and love them. They're much brighter and have a very nice illumination pattern to them than the other LEDs that I've seen. Their 27270C headlights are pricey but I feel they're worth the price.

I don't know if it makes a difference or not but you want to get lights that are DOT approved. It's usually molded into the fromt glass.

Last edited:

Glider

I researched lights from cheap to expensive. I tried the jwspeaker knockoffs that worked and didn't work at the same time. I just received hella h4 housings and am waiting on the bulbs to come in. I'm hoping the glass housing will have good optics. The h4 design will allow me to choose bulbs if I am unhappy with beam color.

The light you are showing is almost identical to a grote light. They have avaliable in 24v also.
[/URL]

JetbikeAnt

I run them on my rig and love them as well. They are bright Action. At first, everyone flashed me, but after adjusting them no more flashings and I love them. You wont go wrong with these and I got used to their unique look. Actually I like it now!! They are a quality unit. I would take the requested pic's, but my batteries are out.

KN6KXR

On the list for sure. Good lights have been some of the best investments I've made in any vehicle. Thanks for posting.

Green Mountain Boys

I have a 1998 M1078 LMTV and I used Grote 7" LEDs (pn# 90941-5). They are fairly inexpensive at $119.00 each, seem to produce plenty of light and are easy to install. The Grote headlight includes a H4 adapter pigtail which I soldered onto the military wires. This allows for the headlights to be easily unplugged if needed. The only downside I can see so far is I expect the headlights will be unacceptable in a moderate to heavy snowfall due to the fact they do not produce enough heat to melt snow. I do not plan to use this as a plow truck so I think it will work for my needs. The lights are for 12 and 24 volt systems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks