• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED Headlights for M923A2

FlakShrapnel

I work 80 hour weeks and have limited time to review all the TM manuals. So I was hoping to ask a typical question probably posted many times already.

I know the halogen lamps on the M923A2 has a reputation of burning out easily. Another MV buddy here at home recommended using LED if available.

I've seen one Craigslist sale for LED Headlights advertised to fit M939, but unfortunately I haven't received a response from the seller.

I've also seen several other 24V LED Headlights for HMVEE, HMVVW, M35A2, and M35A3 MVs as well.

Will the 24V LED 7" Headlights for HMVEE, HMVVW, M35A2, and M35A3 fit and work on the M923A2 series MVs...?

capnkirk

I bought halogen conversion lenses. They use a replaceable halogen bulb like modern headlights. Just had to replace the included 12v bulbs with 24v. They work great. They're way brighter than stock and a fraction of the cost of the LEDs.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thanks for the referral, but I'm out of LED headlights. I agree, the H4(halogen) conversion is a good option for those on a budget, and they put out a lot of light too.

Has anyone tried the Maxxima LED headlights? I had seen some at west fleet, they said they work in 12 and 24 volt systems. They looked nice, but still were over 200 ea through them. Also a 5 year warranty was mentioned.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have converted both my 5 tons to the trucklite brand LEDs.
Headlight, turn, marker, tail.

Get the led.
While more costly they will last far longer and handle abuse from roads etc much better than halogen.

The light difference is amazing.
Not only do you see way better at night, but you stand out more during the day.

And of course the cool factor!

gottaluvit

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks