• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

led headlights

63bravo

well looks like i'LL stay with the regular incandescent ones , several things about the led headlights that i dont like , besides the big price ..

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to try a set but it's very unlikely that GL will liquidate a pallet or 8 of them to get the price closer to my soon to be fixed retirement income. The CUCVs were well on the way out the door before this technology was ever purchased by Uncle Dod!

Gunzy

Isn't the CUCV lighting still 12 volt? If so just go to your local parts store and pick up a set of halogen lights.

63bravo

yes the lighting is 12 volts ,i was just checking these lights out they look way cool , go check them out , do a search for trucklight led headlights , you might like emm

Gunzy

I have a M923 with 24 volt lights and have checked on the LED ones. They are pricy and now "Those Military Guys" are making 24 volt HID kits and that will be the way I go when I'm ready. If my lights were 12 volt I would just do halogen.

Anubis8472

The review linked isn't the same headlights.
That is a review of the round (multi-LED) style.

I have the LED's in my 1009 and love them.
They are a reflector style light with a single LED for low-beam and a single LED for high-beam.
Can run them on 12 or 24 volts.
They have a great cut-off line.
Brighter than stock style lights, but not as bright as HID's.
They draw less than 2 amps.
They even look cool when off as they have a "blacked out" look to them.
I found them for 200 each with free shipping.
I've had them for almost a year now and they've been flawless.

I'll try to find my camera and take some pics tonight.

Last edited: