• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED lights on M101 trailer

chadande

I picked up some boxes and LED lights on eBay, painted them and bolted them to the trailer. Man is it nice not to have to screw around with the magnet lights any more!
Although I have no current need for the military lights, I thought I'd keep them just in case I find a CUCV that I just can't live without.

Attachments

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So are those boxes, manufactured by somebody. They reall look good - especially on gravel roads, its important to have the rear of the light protected, as the gravel will sand blast them to death.

chadande

Yes, they are pre-made and arrive unpainted with the holes cut out. The design of the box is sturdy and offers good protection for the lights.
The whole setup cost around $60 including wire.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just went and got the LED lights at Tractor Supply. They came with the harness and connector. Even have a license plate holder.

MarcusOReallyus

You can get boxes like that from NorthernTool.com, or proabably any trucker supply site.

Looks good! :beer:

I'm planning to add some lights to my 101. I've converted the military to 12v, with a standard 7 pin RV connector on it. I know, I'm a heretic. :mrgreen:

But I sometimes need to haul logs that hang out the back with the tailgate level, and I want some lights that will be visible in that configuration.