• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED Off-road/work Lights

Sasquatch

I recently installed 27w LED Off-road Lights to help with plowing. Got the lights off Amazon for about $60/pair without wiring harness. Really impressed with the LED's, they are super bright, can run off 24 v, and only draw 1.8 amps per pair. Nice they can run off 24v since I'm already working the front battery pretty hard between the radio, yellow beacon light, and the plow motor. They seem very sturdy for the price with an all metal housing Since amp draw is so much lower than HID's or 100w Off-road lights, I did not choose to use a relay, just a heavy duty 10amp switch, I ran power from the 24 V source behind the batteries. I installed 2 in front and 2 in back. I ran separate switches for both. I had added a back up light previously that was wired into the reverse circuit, but having it switched separately will let me use the back lights as a work light when I'm behind the truck spreading salt or gravel.

Seems like a ton of light for the price, I'll post if I have any problems with durability. They are floodlights so better for worklights or slow driving like plowing, probably not enough reach for higher speed driving and way too bright to use on road

Here are some pics:
Standard Headlights
IMG_1689.jpg
LED's
IMG_1690.jpgIMG_1697.jpgIMG_1698.jpg

Dukeboy

Those sound like the pair I bought for my fourwheeler, $60 27w, round with aluminum finned back. I too was impressed with the light output and will probably order more.

Dirty1

This is what I was looking to do for my truck as well as my plow frame does not have any lights right now. Model numbers would be great. Thanks in advance!

Sasquatch

614hv8CMQaL._AA1500_.jpg51m-SwOw98L._AA1500_.jpg61ysK5nwwkL._AA1500_.jpg61fioI-arDL._AA1500_.jpg
Here are some other pics, they are either labelled as AGT or Rupse brand no part numbers they seem to make the round version and spotlight versions. I'll try to take some other pics of them installed on my truck sometime.

Dirty1 they are too bright for using on road, you'll blind other drivers, so you may need a street legal light if you're driving with the plow up.

MarcusOReallyus

... only draw 1.8 amps per pair..... Since amp draw is so much lower than HID's or 100w Off-road lights, I did not choose to use a relay, just a heavy duty 10amp switch,

I'm usually a stickler for using relays for all add-ons, but yeah, at 1.8 amps, probably I wouldn't either.

Hope you fused it, though!

:beer:

cucvrus

Old thread but I would like to add to it. Have you seen how inexpensive LED work lamps have become? Many set's on Amazon are less then $20. I added a few sets to all the forklifts at work and just bought 3 sets of the Truck lite LED universal snow plow lights. I will post some pictures later. They are a bit pricey at $400 a set but they would make great add on roof lights for any vehicle. They are variable voltage 8-36 volt. So they have it covered all around. That includes the 7" light and the amber front turn set and a very heavy duty mounting bracket.LED plow lights.jpgThis is a universal picture of what I just received today. I have 3 sets to install on the 3 CUCV plow trucks. The newer trucks are not getting any. they have fancy composite lights. The older trucks have the dim 6 x 7 halogen lights. Big difference. I seldom drive the trucks at night unless I am plowing so I will not requisition LED headlamps for non winter driving. I was thankful this purchase was approved. Why push it. The 2105 GMC 2500 HD truck is still the most comfortable to plow with. All new transmission and transfer case after the 40" last year and breaking the front driveshaft off and breaking the transmission and transfer case. .

Last edited:

mhb285

my new sickness.......MRAP LED

As soon as I hooked these up the starter croaked within 3 starts........ I'm betting its the "disk", I replaced it with my NOS one from my stash........... ****...
I placed it in on a 15A stock m35a2 breaker off #10 & 4 others........
I also picked up for what I consider a great price were a couple or FRC Nightmasters Focus OPA570's....... now to find a spot.....:D.... holy krap

Attachments