• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Led taillight upgrade issues.

turbinesurgun

I've searched and asked fb forums with no luck. Put on the grote led taillight covers today on my 998 and won the 3 lever switch in stop/turn I'm getting enough voltage to light the led's up when I should have no light at all. Do I need to have some resistors added? I'm ready to give up on the led tails. I have led headlights, new turn signal switch, new flasher and new 3 lever switch with bulb in and bulb removed. Any help greatly appreciated

Action

did you put in the newer style electronic flasher? as long as the front lights are still normal, there shouldn't be an issue.

FLASHER, THERMAL......11613631......5945-00-789-3706

turbinesurgun

The flasher is brand new but I don't know if it's new style. I've about come to the conclusion that I'm just gonna put a set of new metal housing lights on the hmmwv and the led's on a trailer. I'm aggravated

papakb

Do you have metal or plastic tail light buckets in your vehicle? The metal housings inherently ground both mounting bolts but you need to strap the two bolts together if you have plastic housings since both bolts need to be grounded. The HMMWV is notoriously bad when it comes to ground issues and you need to make sure everything electrical makes good grounds either through the harness or through clean contact with the body. Remember star washers are definitely your friend when it comes to HMMWV electricals.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LED light test :
Tested the directional lights and found :
With all four Grote led's , and a incandescent light bulb in blinker switch : thermal switch made by Swiss controls [ 12418344 ],
Aurora Cord [ 11613631 ], and Riverside Mfg. [ 11613631 ] lights work as they should.
The Nartron 11613631 won't work, unless you change the 1819 incandescent bulb in the blinker switch with a 28 vdc LED bulb.
First pic is a Nartron
Sec pic is others listed above.
DSC_000136.jpg
DSC_000137.jpg

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tested 25 Nartron units...they all did not work until I changed the bulb in the switch to an LED.

desmodromic

LED light test :
Tested the directional lights and found :
With all four Grote led's , and a incandescent light bulb in blinker switch : thermal switch made by Swiss controls [ 12418344 ],
Aurora Cord [ 11613631 ], and Riverside Mfg. [ 11613631 ] lights work as they should.
The Nartron 11613631 won't work, unless you change the 1819 incandescent bulb in the blinker switch with a 28 vdc LED bulb.
First pic is a Nartron
Sec pic is others listed above.
View attachment 644080
View attachment 644081
Great info on this site. I have a 1995 M998A1 that came will all LED lighting (tails, side marker, front markers), but no headlights. I tossed in some functioning non-LED headlights and all the lighting works except for the brake lights and rear turn signals. I tested the brake switch and it is functioning correctly. Turn signal seems for function correctly and properly triggers the front signals. To complicate things, the passenger tail light did not light at all when I first picked up the HMMWV, but now it does. However, the driver's tail light is brighter as if it is stuck in the brake/flasher mode. I have checked all connection points for corrosion/proper contact. This mv has the Riverside Mfg. [ 11613631 ] thermal switch.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks