• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED Trailer Light Voltage

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently won an M101A2 trailer and towed it home using a light-bar on my pickup. Its handy to be able to pull it with the pickup (12 volts) as well as a 24 volt Deuce. I purchased two of the newer LED military lights (used), having read that they were "multi-voltage". They're made by "Trucklight" & say something like Omnivolts. They checked out on 12 volts. I installed them & wired in a "civi" pigtail, in addition to the stock military one, so things are still stock military. Everything checked out........ for a few minutes. The lights worked, left, right, stop, etc., then got dim and went out. Truck circuits are still good, etc.

I'm New to LED's, but not new to wiring. What happened? What did I do/not do? I'm even using a Meter these days rather the the old reliable "strike in on the frame, smoke test".

Lee in Alaska

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks