• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Left side exhaust smoking !?

LanceRobson

My M1008 has started to blow some diesel smoke out the left side exhaust and has become a little harder to start, particularly when it cold out.

The smoke is not too noticeable at idle with a warm engine but I can see it in the side view mirror going down the road,particularly under a heavy engine load.

The truck has new glow pugs that seem to be working fine, so the harder starting does not seem to be related to them.

The air and fuel filters are new and the fuel system is not loosing prime.

When I get a chance, I'll pull it into the shop and do an injector check. If that doesn't show any issues, I'll do a compression check.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Lance

Crash_AF

Is it white smoke or blue smoke? It could be a head gasket if white smoke...

An easy way to check injectors or locate problem cylinders is to get an infrared thermometer and check each exhaust port, if you see a drop in temperature on one port, then that is your problem cylinder.

Later,
Joe

LanceRobson

Is it white smoke or blue smoke? It could be a head gasket if white smoke...

An easy way to check injectors or locate problem cylinders is to get an infrared thermometer and check each exhaust port, if you see a drop in temperature on one port, then that is your problem cylinder.

Later,
Joe

Gee, what a shame. Now, I've got to buy a new tool....

Thanks for the input.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks