• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's the "new norm" in America...10% do the heavy lifting and 90% take a free ride.:cry:
Papabear, that's not the new norm, I think it always or mostly was like that even in the USA, maybe with exception of the 19th century settlers on the plains; no free rides there.

Iowa modified their laws and went into effect July of 2012. Without getting too complex and detailed, it boils down to whatever year the vehicle is, it has to meet the fmcsa rule of that year. If the fmcsa wasn't in place the year of manufacture, then the vehicle doesn't have to meet the standard. It's a little more complex and a few other deals tied with the legislation.
With some exceptions, that is the rule in most EU countries as well. The main exception: bobbing or making any significant changes to the original design and your truck counts like manufactured today and you are up the creek. That is why it was so important that the Dutch DoT gave me a type approval dated the year the truck was made, not the year the truck got its first ever legal road papers. Thanks to that paper, I now have an EU and hence world-wide recognized manufacturing date of 1973, saving me a lot of problems when getting through any technical inspection.

Last edited:

poppop

I am afraid papabear is correct in his above post. As President of our local antique tractor club we held elections Saturday night and had to twist arms to get someone to run for two positions being vacated by older members. We started the group in 1998 and the same 12 people that organized it are still running it. We have over 100 members and no one will step up and take a position. They want to have the fun and let someone else do the work. I learned a long time ago when a member comes up with a new idea for an activity I put them in charge of making it happen and that is the end of that. They want more fun things to do but want the Officers and Directors to do all the leg work.

I have donated and had several conversations with swiss as well as e-mailed my Senator and Representative to ask them to help.

Come on Ga. Boys, step up and don't let the Yanks show us up again. You have someone doing the leg work, step up and send them the fuel to get the job done.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had a few more contributions trickle in yesterday evening. Thank you to the 27 Fine members who stepped up and contributed:

Morning Update 01/13/14
I strategized with our lobbyist Sunday evening on the week’s events. The legislators were meeting this morning in preparation of the start of the legislative session tomorrow. Our lobbyist was meeting with our sponsoring senator this morning after the legislative meeting to setup a joint meeting between the 3 of us early this week.

At this time, until we get a bill back from Legislative Counsel it is to early to start calling the capital or emailing. I will keep everyone posted on the steps along the way.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So... anybody want to coordinate a giveaway or an auction of some kind? We're in with a towbar.
Jesusgatos thank you for the offer of assistance. Why not put the towbar for sale in the classifieds and explain that this is for the cause and open it up for bidding/offers. The rules say you have to set a price so why not put a fair price on it kind of like buy it now and then if somebody wants to buy after a few days of offers then sell to the highest offer. It is a win for everyone. The buyer gets an item of value while helping the cause. Your good offer of assistance will come back with greater rewards as things in life happen and we get additional funding to help make change!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We got our first contribution today from a fine SS gentlemen outside of Georgia that is not even into trucks. Thank you sir :)

My meeting with our team is set for 3:00 pm tomorrow at the Capital.

Here is a link to information regarding this year’s legislative session for Georgia. Notice the bills that are currently listed. We are not a bill yet and that is why we have hired a lobbyist to help us. In fact the opportunity to even be addressing a change in the legislation would not have happened if our lobbyist had not worked with me to setup the initial meetings, introduced me to the key players and help me navigate the necessary steps to get this far.

http://gga-navigator.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/

Stay tuned, it is about to get exciting. Our work is just starting and we have a small window of less than 40 days to get this accomplished.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The exciting thing about this change is I can see my eight year old in 20 years buying a newer truck and without the changes to the law the next generation that will take over from us would not have had the option to buy.

3dAngus

I would like to specially thank the fellas who made the $10 or less donations requiring my matching funds on my offer to do so. I know how difficult it is to do so in this economy sometimes and the fact that you care means a lot to me and many others. You guys are special.

I made a matching contribution to Swiss today. I do hope to make many more, so please keep in mind, those $5 and $10 contributions do go a long way, and to me, they mean every bit as much as any of them. The important thing is, YOU CARE!!! YOU GIVE, and you are blessed for it.
Thanks again.
I will keep my pledge and donate matching funds for anyone who can make a $5 or $10 donation. This will effectively double your donation, so please help.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will keep my pledge and donate matching funds for anyone who can make a $5 or $10 donation. This will effectively double your donation, so please help.
Why not, an easy way to save $5 and still get that warm feeling that I donated $10 :grin: :wink: . Applying incentives on multiple levels, very good. (anyway, it was time to bump this again, today is the day)

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Big day today with the meeting at the Capitol. I am taking the afternoon off to deal with our issue. For those of you that have not had a chance to donate today would be a good day to push the button

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to specially thank the fellas who made the $10 or less donations requiring my matching funds on my offer to do so.
So If I made 10 $5 donations you would match each one? Thanks buddy!!! ;-)

Last edited:

3dAngus

Big day today with the meeting at the Capitol. I am taking the afternoon off to deal with our issue. For those of you that have not had a chance to donate today would be a good day to push the button
Thanks Swiss. It is costing you money and time to work this thing, plus, we need your brains and demeanor. Many of us old creaky, well worn and aching bone grumps are just not as qualified as you, but the most important thing is, you are one who has it all and you give, give, give. You set a great example for us all.
Thanks again for all you do, and good luck with the meeting today. Enjoy what you do!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Busy afternoon in meetings at the Georgia Capitol, beautiful building with lots of history

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389733939.952719.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389733962.939686.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389733974.898640.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389733986.613095.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks