• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lego M35

A

A/C Cages

Legos are great, my 6 year old builds the weirdest things everyday with them.
Nice M35 there.

Danger Ranger

Sigh....I can't keep up with Lego anymore. Now they have pieces like that M2 or the wheels. Things like that add to the detail of whatever you built, but takes out some of the simplicity of the lego concept to me...

Great job by the little guy! I want to know where the above stated parts came from now...lol.:-o:idea::)

TMNT

Legos are great, my 6 year old builds the weirdest things everyday with them.
Nice M35 there.
Yep, my son builds all kinds of crazy stuff. He took a Lego engineering class last summer and he comes up with some interesting builds. Guns, cannons, trucks, ships, swamp buggies, rock crawlers. He had a huge mockup of Normandy built in his room with German and American forces positioned according to a book he was reading about WW2. All built with Legos! Not bad for a ten year old.

ryan77

Mega blocks has some nice mv stuff i got my son a set with a hummer, tank, helicopter and armored car at menards for $25.00 there a lot cheaper then legos but a exact copy!

TMNT

Sigh....I can't keep up with Lego anymore. Now they have pieces like that M2 or the wheels. Things like that add to the detail of whatever you built, but takes out some of the simplicity of the lego concept to me...

Great job by the little guy! I want to know where the above stated parts came from now...lol.:-o:idea::)
You know, you can't really just go buy a bucket of Lego bricks like I got when I was a kid. These days you have to buy kits that are based on a theme, almost like building a model. He has all kinds of parts from the City Lego series, and there are military type kits with Jeeps, trucks, tanks, soldiers, weapons. There's even a special set of soldiers and weapons called "Brick Arms" that he has dozens of. He has buckets of Lego parts; wheels, tires, gears, axles, windshields, and the basic bricks in a dozen different colors.

ryan77

If u go to the lego store u can buy a bucket full of assorted ones u fill it up and pay for it.

Bighurt

I sell LEGO as a part time gig, well up until I lost my house (see rebuild in my sig).

I use Bricklink;

Sherwood Forest - BrickLink.com

Have to be a member to buy and sell but it's free, and a great resource, have to be 18 so you'd have to register and assist your son.

My store above is empty due to the evacuation but I normally have 40k parts in inventory and well over 500k in my personal collection, which doesn't include over 100 sets from 1984 to present that are MISB (mint in sealed box).

I love all things LEGO, and love related discussion and creative works. Your son is on the right track, unlike video games LEGO encourages invention and creation. It also promotes looking at the world in 3d and how things work. IMO it's the world's greatest toy.

Another great site is Brickshelf.com, here users can post pictures of LEGO creations. It's very often a first stop in finding ideas for another model build.

Thanks for posting and Happy building, and remember the word LEGO comes from the Danish words Le Godt which means "play well".

:beer:

A

A/C Cages

My son has buckets of Legos, Megas, and Knex. They all work together too. The Knex allows him to put motors, electronics, ect in them for less then the Lego brand motor kits.

Its good to have 5 sets of grandparents who love to spoil him rotten. Every holiday, bday, ect he gets boxes and tubs of legos. Under his queen sized bed is 3 large totes that take up the whole space under the bed. Nothing but legos.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks