• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lesson Learned

blzrgb

I put off doing the Doghead Starter relay mod on my cucv and this is what happened.
My starter went out, no big deal, so I called up DB Electrical and ordered up a new gear reduction starter. Been wanting to upgrade anyway. Installed the new starter and on the "3rd" start the dam starter solenoid under the dash decided it was time to weld itself. Completely melted the new solenoid before I could get the cables off................................The new solenoid is on it's way.

Take it from me, do the upgrade. :deadhorse:aua

blackhueys

Ya that or you fry half your under dash wires like me because I put it off to long. I think everyone who buys one of these trucks should do the mod as soon as they can would have save me a lot of work!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the same experience not long ago. I even had the parts in the glove box. Another case of Irony. Now to make things worse, the starter solenoid just welded itslef again over the weekend. More fusible links fired. New starter this time.

notsosanestan

i was waiting to do this also with the parts in the glove box luckily for me the solenoid fried in the off positon so i just used a wire to jump it to get home

Last edited:

M1008driver

The doghead mod was the first thing I did. I even bought a new controller card and put my old one under the seat as it stills works, plus installed an overide button just in case.